Saturday, December 20, 2008

What Makes Me Happy...

That was fun hearing from so many today. Now I want to share more thoughts!!! Kassie had the top 5 things that make her happy so I thought I would take a stab at this:

6. Music - kids especially - I work in the Primary in my Church and love hearing the kids sing. I love songs that the words have a special meaning - not always just the tunes
5. Pictures - I love to remember special times looking at pics and the digital world makes this so much easier
4. Naps - I've learned that a power nap can do wonders to get you through a long day
3. Family and friends - I love to be with those who mean so much to me
2. My cats - yes, even Sarah's crazy Harvey! Tiger snuggles up in my arms to sleep at night. Sure helps when there's no one else around right now.
1. Telephone conversations with my husband and Saturday visits with my daughter

I am feeling a bit lost without Sarah, especially, for Christmas. As I left her today, I realized the next time I'll see her won't be till Christmas afternoon. Christmas Eve has always been a special time for us, so I'm starting to feel it. But she is giving me the greatest gift in wanting to work towards some healthy and happy goals. It is going to make Christmas a year from now be extra special. So...thanks for adding your thoughts.

Kassie suggests I get some pics added of Ireland - where we went on our honeymoon. I will start that next and tell you about the beautiful Emerald Isle.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, it's Ginger! I know it shows that I'm posting as "Mom"...sorry about that! My girls both have blogs on blogspot, and, naturally, I post as Mom. Apparently, that is how the system recognizes me, and I don't know how to change my name in order to post on your blog! I'll have to get the kids involved to help me!

    Anyway, Sarah is gorgeous! I wish her the best with her current struggles, and hope you are reunited soon!

    What a great-looking family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny is checking this out!

    ReplyDelete