
Look at this smile! Look at the shine in her eyes! No longer is it a blank stare looking at you like you are crazy! I love this girl to pieces and feel so absolutely blessed to have her in a program that is making such a huge difference in her life. She keeps her space in her room spotless (yes, this same Sarah the former slob!) She washes dishes after feeding 30+ kids and staff. She is now even learning to do the cooking for everyone. She just got her mid-term grades: hold your breath! All A's!!! Yahoo! We got to have a family therapy session tonight with mom and her new stepdad (who happens to be in town for 2 weeks) I am so thankful for the blessing of getting a spot at Odyssey House for my girl. I'm so thankful for staff who love these kids and help them learn the differences between healthy and unhealthy choices, and consequential thinking (yes I just got all the exact words in session tonight). Keep growing sis! I sure miss you at home!

Yes, John is here for 2 weeks. He brought his mum and their cat to stay. He will go back and finish up the sell of the house and sending the last shipment. We are not letting him quit his job till we get insurance coverage for mum here. Then I know we can proceed with everything for good. Yes, we are a 3-cat family now! YIKES!
ReplyDeleteHow is the new kitty adjusting? Hope the insurance thing gets resolved quickly!! And the pic is sweet...REAL smile!
ReplyDeletewow! all great things wendy! yay!
ReplyDeleteProgress! In all things! Wahoo!!
ReplyDelete